AFRICAN SWEET CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
A recipe that will have your family talking and asking for more!
• 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels
• 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Afro fusion All Purpose Seasoning
• 1 tbs of Afro Fusion Cuisine Harissa with Mint
• 4 cups no-salt-added cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
• 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add corn and cook for 1 minute, then drain well, rinse in cold water and drain again. (If using frozen corn, skip this step.) Meanwhile, rinse onions in cold water to remove some of their sharp, acidic flavor; drain well and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, Afro Fusion All purpose Seasoning and Afro Fusion Harissa with mint, salt to make a dressing. Add beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until well incorporated. Cover and chill for about 3 hours. Add fresh herbs and toss again before serving.