1 lb of drummettes and wings with bones
1 Jar of Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce
2 tbs of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean your drumstick or Wings and rub with lemon juice or vinegar
2. Using the tip of your cooking knife make tiny cut (incisions) on your chicken
3. Rub with salt and pepper to taste (optional)
4. Pour half of your jar of Mama Deacon Jerk sauce ( 4.5 oz) and massage until all the pieces are coated
5. Let marinate in a zip-top bag or sealed container in your fridge for at least 2-3 hours
6. Indoor (using a baking pan or in a baking tray – bake & grill) until done. Outdoor, grill using indirect heat until tender.
7. Make sure you baste every 5-7 minutes using your remaining Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce!
Tips: Serve with a fruit based Salad or our very own signature slaw using Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce as your dressing!
SALAD/SLAW RECIPE –> AFRO FUSION CUISINE’s MAMA DEACON JERK SLAW with CANDIED PECAN
1/3 cup of freshly shredded or grated carrots
1/3 cup of freshly shredded broccoli
1/3 cup of finely sliced Kale
1/3 Cup of freshly shredded red Cabbage
2 tbs of fresh and finely chopped cilantro
1 tbs of fresh and finely sliced red or Vidalia onion
2 tsp of grapeseed oil1 tbs of red wine vinegar
1/3 cup of Candied Pecan
6 tbs of Afro Fusion Cuisine’s Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce
Salt to taste
1. In a Salad mixing bowl – Whisk oil, vinegar and Mama Deacon Jerk sauce
2. Toss in cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cilantro, Kale, onion – Make sure to coat completely ( Add more Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce if needed)
3. When all your vegetable are well coated, add in your cilantro and mix well
4. When you are ready to serve, add in (top) with your candied nut to add some crunch!
Serve alongside your Jerk Wings or on a sandwich.