Mama Deacon Jamaican Jerk seasoning
Jamaican Jerk seasoning , a true rendition of the beautiful Jamaican Jerk heritage. Versatile, fragrant and delicious, this spice blend will add tons of flavor to any dish.
All spice, peppers, nutmeg
Tofu, Tempeh, meat, soups, veggies, seafood.
Use as a rub, use as any other spices in soups, stews, rice dishes, meats, tofu, tempeh.
Organic, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free, Small batches, Local, Kosher.
On the Grill:
1. Marinate your meat, seafood, tofu or veggies with 3 tablespoons of Mama Deacon Jerk , 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Let set aside in a zip top bag in the fridge or a cool place for a minimum of 2 hours to allow flavors to blend with the meat.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Broil or grill, pan-sear or bake until desired tenderness. Serve with rice, plantain, yams, pasta or vegetables.
For a perfect Pepe Soup or Stew:
1. In a deep pot at medium heat add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, your choice of meat, veggies or tofu marinated with Mama Deacon Jerk seasoning.
2. Add 2 onions diced, 2 scallions roughly chopped, 2 tomato finely diced and 2-3 cups of chicken broth.
3. Let it cook on medium fire until desired tenderness. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.