Fricassee of African Sausage…. Yummmmmmmm
1lb ( 1 single pack) of Afro Fusion Cuisine Merguez sausage or our Jerk Sausage!
3 tbs of Afro Fusion Cuisine Harissa with mint if you Choose Merguez sausage or our Mama Deacon Jerk Sauce if you choose the Jerk Sausage
1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro or parsley
1/2 cup of finely chopped plum tomato
1/4 cup of finely chopped Vidalia onion
1/2 cup of finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup of finely chopped scallion
3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
Salt to taste ( optional)
1. Steam, grill or boil your sausage until done ( about 10 minutes at 165 F) and cool
2. Cut your sausage in medallions about 2-3 inch thick
3. In a deep skillet at a medium fire, melt the coconut oil
4. Add onions and bring it to sizzle until translucent
5. Add tomato, peppers, cilantro or parsley, Afro Fusion sauce of your choice, scallion and sausages
6. Reduce fire and stir. Coat it well and let it simmer for about 5 minute at low fire.
7. Serve in a bun (sandwich style) or over a bed of lettuce or baby spinach. It is absolutely delicious!