SHOKO – BEEF AND SPINACH STEW!!
2 cups of Afro Fusion Cuisine Joloff Sauce
2 fresh tomato roughly chopped
1 whole fresh hot chili
4 medium onions, whole
1/4 cup green bell pepper
6 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb stewing beef, cut in cubes
1 cup water [or beef broth]
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne [more or less to taste]
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
3/4 to 1 lb fresh spinach
1. Combine the chili, tomatoes, onions, and green bell pepper in a food processor, and process until the vegetables are minced but not pureed.
2. Heat the oil in a large, cast-iron pot, and sauté the vegetables and beef for 5 minutes over high heat.Reduce to low heat
3. Add the Joloff Sauce, salt, cayenne, and
ginger. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir
occasionally to keep from burning.
4. Meanwhile, soak the spinach in warm water for 15 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly, separate, rinse again (and even a third time if you want to be extra careful), shred coarsely, and set aside.
5. add the spinach to the pot containing tomato and meats and cook over low
heat for 10 minutes, until the water is gone and the spinach is cooked.
6. About half an hour before serving, prepare boiled rice. Serve Shoko